From TF2 Wiki
Walkway is a community-made singleplayer training map created by Washipato and Wiseguy149. It features AI bots that spawn and walk along the long walkway that runs down the whole map. There are various different options, toggled by shooting in-game buttons, that can customize the playfield to the player's taste. It is useful for headshot training, practicing jumps, and general practice.
RC2 Changelog - http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=131170#post131170
- Added sentry room
- Added texture to all buttons
- Added trajectory selection to the launch-pad
- Added function to make bot crouch permanently or randomly
- Added option to spawn different amount of bots (16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 5, 3, 1 or 0)
- Added option for servers to choose the maximum amounts of bots and lock it
- Added tr_help command to get a list of all available commands
- Added retractable platform
- Added window to the first part of the walkway and modified the skybox
- Added fade distance to lots of props on the main room
- Added "small step" option to the hill elevation
- Added option to spawn individual classes for bots
- Added position selection for the deploy system
- Added a 100 HP regeneration per second when resupply is enabled
- Added ammo and health boxes in the top level of the building
- Added a random option to "Strafe movement" for the bots
- Added counters to count how many bots were deployed and killed by the player
- Added option to spawn bots directly on the launch-pad
- Added option to choose the deploy position of the bots
- Added a new option to damage bots by 75 damage instead of 124
- Added 2 new easter eggs
- Now hoovy and one of the new easter eggs reacts after the player kills a certain amount of bots
- Made all metters buttons in addition to the old plus-minus buttons
- Added "panic mode"
- Added reset button
- Added attack options to make bots fire slowly and another to make them fire randomly
- Added crouch to dodge options
- Added new texture for the teleport buttons
- Increased "Aim down" angle for making airblast jump practice easier
- Changed how the lifts work. The lift to the roof will now stay at the ramp's height and wont
move until a player is on it. If someone goes to the lower floor, the lift will go there and wait
for the player. The building lift will only go out when someone is on it.
- Increased minimum distance to show the help text of the buttons
- Headshot correction change: If you spawn a different bots wave after spawning "Bots
for headshot training", the bots will aim forward again
- Removed yellow button aka custom button. Nobody used it as far as we know and it confused people
- Removed option to turn off "throw bots to the wall"
- Made the random deploy system slightly more random
- Made the first easter egg easier and more intuitive to get
- Changed the position of all cfgs, now they are packed inside the bsp
- The map doesn't load a map.cfg anymore
- Added two new cfgs to the map. "help" for the tr_help command and "cvars" for tr_loadcvars command
- Textured lots of hidden, but rendered, brush faces to nodraw
- Replaced the brush buttons with props
- Fixed tr_teleport for clients joining a server
- Fixed launch-pad power selection not working properly
- Fixed a case in the launch-pad with random power where the bots would do a small hop
- Fixed stutter on the ramp
- The TF2 Official Blog made mention to Walkway in the November 18, 2009 blog post.
- Walkway houses a number of easter eggs.
- A bot spawner button can be found hidden in the rafter walkways. When hit, the button changes all bots spawned to Spycrabs.
- Another bot spawner button can be found hidden near the Sentry Gun room. When hit, an enormous Pyro, called "ThePyroOverlord" will appear outside of the front windows and use the Hadouken taunt, killing all players and bots in the map.
- If you get to 200 kills, a special door at the end of the track will open, leading to a room with 3 Level-3 BLU Sentry Guns. If the player can get through that room, an enormous Heavy, named "Hoovy", will appear at a window.
- After the Mann-Conomy Update in September 2010, the latest available version of the map (
rc2) could not be loaded. This was later fixed with the December 21, 2010 Patch.