Troublemaker's tossle cap
From TF2 Wiki
The Troublemaker's tossle cap is a community-created headwear item for the Scout and was chosen by Valve to be released with the first wave of community-contributed content due to its outstanding quality. It appears as a slightly baggy winter hat, also known as a beanie.
- The Troublemaker's tossle cap was added to the game.
- Updated this hat so it can be crafted.
- This hat was made paintable. The paint scheme added a painted stripe to the cap.
- [Undocumented] The paint scheme for the this hat was reversed so that the stripes are now the original color, and the rest of this hat's hue changes.
- The paint scheme of this hat was changed so that the cap is completely colored instead of striped.
- This hat received styles.
- The beanie is most often worn by "gang bangers" and teenage/college-age criminals, most often in urban areas such as New York, Boston, and Los Angeles. This could be a reference to the Scout's Bostonian heritage, and implies his apparent involvement in some kind of gang. Considering the Scout's personality, this is plausible.
- This hat was submitted under the name of the "Rapper's Hat" before Valve renamed it the "Troublemaker's Tossle Cap".
- As of the Polycount Update, the caption text reads "Straight Outta Control Point", a reference to rap group NWA's 1988 debut album "Straight Outta Compton".
- Despite appearing as a solid color when viewed in a player's backpack the Troublemaker's tossle cap actually has two team colored stripes around the base of the hat, which can clearly be seen when the hat is painted.
- A recent update swapped the colors on the hat , if you had painted the tossle cap purple for example it would paint only the stripes on the tossle cap. After the update the colors swapped , the stripes became team colored while the rest of the hat became custom-painted)
- Trading advice: the Troublemaker's tossle cap is considered a high tier of the scout. A nv tosslecap could go for 3 refined, whilst a vintage would run you back 5-6 refined.