The Fan O'War
From TF2 Wiki
|“Let's go, let's go, let's go!”
This article documents a recent item or map addition. It may contain speculation or inaccuracies.
You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.
Hitting an opponent with the Fan O'War "marks them for death," which is denoted by a skull and crossbones icon over the target's head. The target also hears a distinctive sound upon being marked. After this, any subsequent damage dealt to the marked players are mini-crits. The weapon itself deals only 10% of the Bat's base damage.
The Fan O'War, released with the Shogun Pack, was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-purchased Total War: SHOGUN 2 on Steam before March 15, 2011. It is also available through crafting, item drops, or purchase from the Mann Co. Store.
Damage and function times
- See also: Damage
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.5 s|
|Effect duration||10 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- See also: Crafting
|Scout Token||Melee Token||Scrap Metal||Possible Results|
Note: The blueprint simply makes a Scout's melee weapon; there is still a chance of getting the Sandman, Holy Mackerel, Candy Cane, Boston Basher, or Sun-on-a-Stick instead. There will be approximately a 16.67% chance of crafting this item.
- The item was added to the game.
- The crafting recipes where added and the price for the new weapons have been reduced, for the fan of war it only needs 1 scrap metal and 1 mad milk.
- Gunbai (軍配) were used by samurai officers in Japan for means of communication with their troops. They are also used by judges in sumo wrestling competitions.
- "Fan O'War" is a reference to Man O'War, a powerful class of British naval ship from the 16th to 19th centuries.
- The Marked for Death icon that appears on the HUD is based upon the Heavy's skull shown on the "Anatomy of a Heavy Weapons Guy" poster.
- Players who are marked for death that look up will be able to see the death icon above their head.
- Unlike the other Shogun Pack items, the Fan O'War is described with an inaccurate haiku verse. Instead of the traditional 5, 7, 5 syllables, it instead reads 5, 5, 5.
Icon displayed when 'marked for death' along with a Sound effect.
|Scout|| Soldier|| Pyro|| Demoman|| Heavy|| Engineer|| Medic|| Sniper|| Spy|
|Primary||Stock||Scattergun||Rocket Launcher||Flamethrower||Grenade Launcher||Minigun||Shotgun||Syringe Gun||Sniper Rifle||Revolver|
|Unlock||Force-A-Nature||Direct Hit||Backburner||—||Natascha||Frontier Justice||Blutsauger||Huntsman||Ambassador|
| Black Box|
Cow Mangler 5000
Ali Baba's Wee Booties
| Brass Beast|
| Crusader's Crossbow|
| Sydney Sleeper|
|Promotion||—||—||—||—||Iron Curtain||—||—||—||Big Kill|
|Secondary||Stock||Pistol||Shotgun||Shotgun||Stickybomb Launcher||Shotgun||Pistol||Medi Gun||Submachine Gun||Electro Sapper|
|Unlock||Bonk! Atomic Punch||Buff Banner||Flare Gun|| Chargin' Targe|
|Detonator|| Sticky Jumper|
| Dalokohs Bar|
The Buffalo Steak Sandvich
|Short Circuit||Quick-Fix|| Darwin's Danger Shield|
|Unlock||Sandman||Equalizer||Axtinguisher||Eyelander||Killing Gloves of Boxing||Gunslinger||Übersaw||—||—|
|Craft|| Holy Mackerel|
| Pain Train|
Sharpened Volcano Fragment
| Pain Train|
Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker
Nessie's Nine Iron
| Gloves of Running Urgently|
Fists of Steel
| Southern Hospitality|
| Tribalman's Shiv|
| Your Eternal Reward|
|Promotion||Saxxy|| Frying Pan|
|Saxxy|| Frying Pan|
|Saxxy|| Golden Wrench|
|Unlock||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|| Cloak and Dagger|
|Taunt||various|| Home Run |
| Kamikaze |
| Hadouken |
| Decapitation |
(Eyelander/Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker/Claidheamh Mòr/Half-Zatoichi/Persian Persuader/Nessie's Nine Iron)
| Showdown |
| Dischord |
| Skewer |
(Knife/Your Eternal Reward/Conniver's Kunai/Saxxy/Big Earner)