From TF2 Wiki
With the ÜberCharge, the equivalent of four normal hits with the Übersaw. Like all taunt attacks, this can be used during to kill the winning team members even though normal weaponry is disabled.equipped, a can perform a lethal Spinal Tap . When performing the taunt, the Medic enters a combat pose, thrusts his Übersaw forward, and then retracts it. The thrust will anyone slow, unaware or simply unfortunate enough to be in front of the Medic at the time and deal 1 damage, while the retraction deals 500 damage (similar to the Sniper's ). Killing someone with a spinal tap gives the Medic 100%
It should be noted that the stun effect of the taunt works on bothd enemies and enemies under the effects of , but will not kill them.
- Initial Stab: 1. effect.
- Removal: 500
- Mini Crit (Removal only): 675
- : N/A
Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
- Attack Interval: ~4
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The Spinal Tap is the only killing taunt not to possess its own unique kill icon, instead using the regular Übersaw icon.
- This is currently the second unique taunt to be given to the Medic after his update, the first being the Kritzkrieg's self-healing taunt.
- Before the , the Übersaw taunt was the same as the , albeit with a harsher, more cello-like sound.
- This taunt, along with the Engineer's Organ Grinder, are the only taunt attacks without an accompanying achievement.
- This taunt is very similar to Sniper's taunt with his huntsman, but a bit longer in time.
- The initial thrust of 1 damage will not grant any , even if it kills the enemy. The 100% ÜberCharge is granted on the 2nd damage dealt.
- This taunt used to be preformed silently, and would award a 50% ÜberCharge for a successful kill. Since the Über Update, the Medic speaks before executing the taunt, and now rewards an instant ÜberCharge for successfully completing it
- The Spinal Tap name is a reference to the colloquial term for a lumbar puncture, a medical procedure in which a needle is inserted between the vertebrae at the base of the spine to extract a sample of spinal fluid. Though not at all fatal when performed by a professional, (i.e. anyone but the Medic) it does have the potential to be extremely painful. It could also be a reference to the fictional rock band Spın̈al Tap, given the Übersaw's previously metal-themed taunt.
- There is an achievement in Left 4 Dead with the same name, which involves meleeing an unaware infected from behind, killing them instantly.
- This taunt kill is one of seven taunt kills that can kill upward (others being the Kamikaze, Decapitation, Show trial, Kabong, Organ grinder, and skewer taunt kills).
- This taunt has a similar stun effect as seen in the Huntsman taunt.
English • Русский