Zey are weakened!
— The Medic, reporting on the enemy's status
The Solemn Vow is a melee weapon for the Medic. It is a marble bust of Hippocrates, inset with a plaque reading "Do no harm," the guiding principle of the Hippocratic Oath.
Having this weapon in the loadout allows the player to view enemy health and names (in the same manner as the Spy), providing strategic information that could aid the team.
The item was previously tested in the Team Fortress 2 Beta as the Beta Bonesaw.
Damage and function times
- See also: Damage
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
- See also: Crafting
| ingredient-1 = Jarate
| ingredient-1-amount = 8
| ingredient-2 = Reclaimed Metal
| result = Solemn Vow
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- The Solemn Vow was added to the game.
June 28, 2011 Patch
- Added/Refined recoil/draw/crit/reload forces for all of the new weapons in the Über Update.
- Because the weapon shares the animations of the Saxxy, the weapon does not feature critical hit animations.
- The Solemn Vow shares the hitsound of the Übersaw.
- Taunting with this weapon causes multiple clipping issues with the Medic's hand.
- The Solemn Vow appears to have a glossy texture while the game is running in DirectX 8.
- When looking at an enemy Soldier's health who has the Equalizer out it will say "Equalizer blocks healing".
- Like the Electro Sapper, when the Solemn Vow is held with a left-handed view model, the text on the front will be displayed backwards.
- The crafting recipe likely references how Hippocrates was the first known proponent of urine therapy.