From TF2 Wiki
This weapon is a Pistol which is loaded with Shotgun-like ammunition. Each shot fires multiple pellets from a single chamber. The Shortstop does not possess the increased damage ramp-up of the Scout's other primaries, the Scattergun and Force-A-Nature, but each shot has little bullet spread, making this an ideal weapon to use where range and accuracy are a concern.
Each shot fires 60% fewer pellets than the Scattergun, but each pellet deals twice the damage, resulting in an overall 20% lower base damage per shot. The Shortstop has a firing speed approximately 78% faster than the Scattergun and reloads an entire clip of ammunition rapidly, although each clip has four shots as opposed to six.
Like the standard Shotgun and Scattergun, the Shortstop's first shell fires at least one pellet straight down the crosshair before 'bullet-spread' takes effect. When random spread is disabled any shots with the Shortstop form a T-shape consisting of the centre row and bottom centre position of a 3x3 square.
This weapon is preferred to most for its higher rate of fire and fair accuracy while retaining decent damage.
- This weapon has 25% faster firing than the Scattergun.
- It has a tight cone of fire.
- The Shortstop is pellet based.
- All 4 pellets are reloaded at the same time.
- Base: 12 per pellet
- Max Ramp Up: 150% (18 damage per pellet)
- Max Fall Off: 50% (6 damage per pellet)
- Pellet Count: Four
- Point Blank: ~69 - 72
- Medium Range: ~35 - 40
- Long Range: ~10 - 13
- Mini-Crit: 16.2 per pellet
- Critical Hit: 36 per pellet
- The reload animation is like that of the Force-A-Nature, though you do not lose your extra shells when reloading.
- Reloading involves the Scout popping his wrist back, pulling four shells out and replacing them.
- The Shortstop and the Pistol (if equipped) share the same ammo.
- It looks to be inspired by the COP357 Derringer; the gun used by Persephone in Matrix: Reloaded
- While the Scattergun and the Force-A-Nature are weapons mainly used for up close combat, the Shortstop is designed for mid-range but due to its low pellet spread it takes more aim to hit a target.
- When in out view the reload for the Shortstop has the Scout turning his hand and reloading unlike the other reloads for his guns.
- The reload for the Shortstop is the exact same reload for the Pistol except he isnt spinning the gun upside down.
- On release, the Shortstop's description said that it slowed those hit by it by 40% for .5 second (per pellet). Patch notes indicate this never worked, and the description was altered to exclude it.
- The Shortstop (Primary)
- Mad Milk (Secondary)
- Holy Mackerel (Melee)
- The Milkman (Hat)
- Bonus: +25 maximum heath on wearer
- Shortstop strategy
- Holy Mackerel
- Mad Milk
- Item sets
- Mann-Conomy Update