From TF2 Wiki
Pipeball Classic is a sports-style map that utilises the Source engine's physics capabilities. It is an author-created remake of an earlier map, simply titled Pipeball. Pipeball Classic shares many similiarities between the original Pipeball's layout, and uses the scoring system from the author's first attempted update, Super Pipeball.
The Asylum of the Devitory
Both teams compete to score three goals before the other team does. In the event of a 2-2 tie, a special tiebreaker round occurs, where the standard white ball is replaced with a black ball, which will kill players on contact.
- A) The Spawnrooms are located in basements underneath seemingly unsuspicious factories, split into two rooms on either side of the rink, two rooms for each team. The front exit is the fastest way out and into action, while the back exits provide additional cover.
- B) The backrooms are behind the boards at the ends of the rink, and allow players some breathing room to reload.
- C) The goal pipes are where the teams are supposed to hit the ball into. Players that fall into them will die, and come out through the overhead ball dispenser pipe in chunks.
- Can't get the ball out of your end of the rink? Try to shoot it over the boards in the middle, and it will be reset to come out of the overhead dispenser pipe in a few seconds. Use the short break to focus on beating back the other team.
- The shields can be used to your advantage when trying to score. if you don't have a direct line of fire to the enemy's goal pipe, shoot the ball onto one of their shields, and it may just be deflected right in front of the pipe for another teammate to hit in.
- Demomen can put stickies inside their goal pipe, and can detonate them if the ball is about to fall in to blast it back out.
- Pryros can use their airblast ability to blow enemies over the boards and to their deaths in the ditch below. They can also blow enemies into a goal pipe to kill them, but it is difficult to pull off.
- The Heavy's minigun can send the ball rocketing across the rink.
- The original Pipeball map used much larger and heavier balls, and was a best-of-three scoring contest.
- Super Pipeball was the same distance wide, but the rink was much longer.
- Whereas the original Pipeball reached a final release, Super Pipeball never made it out of its alpha stages.
- Somewhere outside of the map, Asylum placed a "signature."
- Inside the basement spawnrooms, with the consoles and alarm boards, the television is displaying Asylum's logo.
- Use the shields to your advantage, for both bouncing the ball off of, and for cover while you reload. Placing a Sentry behind one can surprise enemies who invade your end of the rink.
- If the ball goes out of bounds, get ready to shoot the ball into the other team's goal pipe when it returns through the dispenser pipe
Pipe Balle, a Medieval Mode Pipeball version
Pipeball Event, a Halloween Pipeball version