From TF2 Wiki
The Iron Curtain is a weapon used by the Heavy and is a reskin of the Minigun. It can only be received by playing Poker Night at the Inventory. The Iron Curtain can be unlocked during special rounds, where the characters bet certain items, such as the Lugermorph, which was previously only available to those who pre-ordered Sam and Max. The player must cause the Heavy to bust out in order to win the gun. It appears as a Soviet-era minigun, with a block-like barrel and ammunition compartment.
Due to the possibly intentional bug where the Heavy is allowed to instantly switch weapons without spin-down delay, players can now use a few different strategies. For instance, if fast-weapon switching is enabled, a player can perform evasive jumps by switching to the G.R.U. right after firing. This allows for evading a variety of explosives, and fatal headshots.
Some players also take advantage of this by instantly switching to the Sandvich and dropping it whilst being in combat for a quick 50% health boost for survivability.
Identical to the Minigun.
|Range||Damage per 1 ammo||Critical damage||Damage per second|
|Point Blank||50-54||108||500-540 (Crit: 1080)|
|Medium||5-30||27/54/81/108||50-300 (Crit: 540)|
|Long||5-10||27/54||50-100 (Crit: 270)|
- Base: 9 per bullet
- Max Ramp Up: 150% (13.5 damage per bullet)
- Max Fall Off: 50% (4.5 damage per bullet)
- Bullet Count: 4 per ammo
- Mini-Crit: 12 per bullet
- Critical hit: 27 per bullet
Base damage is subject to distance-based damage falloff.
Note: The Critical hit DPS; long range assumes 1 Crit bullet hits per 1 ammo, medium range assumes 2 Crit bullets hit per 1 ammo, point blank range assumes all 4 bullets hit per 1 ammo. Medium range is defined as the main resupply door to the opposite wall on the upper level of 2Fort. Long range is defined as battlement to battlement on 2Fort. Base damage is the damage done at 512 units before damage variance or bullet spread. Ramp up maxes out at 0 units. Fall off maxes out at 1024 units. Damages are approximate and determined by community testing.
Identical to the Minigun.
- Attack Interval: 0.1
- Windup Time: 0.87
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The Iron Curtain was added to the game.
- Fixed a bug that enabled players to weapon switch away from the Iron Curtain during spin down.
- This weapon was given a unique kill icon.
- The textures of the Iron Curtain were updated.
- The bullet flash coming from the end of the Iron Curtain is further out than the actual barrel.
- In the view model there is a slight clipping issue between the handle of the Iron Curtain and the Heavy's hand.
- If you look closely at the emblem on the ammo compartment, there is an improperly drawn Hammer and Sickle. (It is probably either an oversight of the skinners or done -as in other games- that way to prevent people complaining over such a petty thing.)
- According to the TF2 blog, the Iron Curtain is "The Heavy's first love".
- The Iron Curtain was a metaphorical barrier between Asia, Russia and the Middle East, and Europe. On either side, different political, military and economic views developed.
- The Iron Curtain is only available from the game Poker Night at the Inventory.
- In Poker Night at the Inventory, The Heavy refers to the gun as "Sasha".
- Seeing as how many of its components are assembled with rivets and bolts, as well as the blocky construction and wooden elements, it appears this weapon was assembled in a Soviet factory, utilizing the era's concepts and methods of weapon design and production, as opposed to the more modern design and smooth curves of the standard minigun.
- On November 19th, three days before Poker Night's release, there was a 50/50 chance of crafting the Iron Curtain by using a Heavy class token, a primary weapon slot token, and a scrap. As of November 20th, this has been patched, and all Iron Curtains crafted this way have been made untradeable.
- According to in-game message of Poker Night, the Iron Curtain actually is the Mini Gun  adorned with the finest Russian iron and mahogany.
- Despite it being a re-skin of Sasha, the Iron Curtain had an ability to quick switch, allowing the Heavy to quickly switch to his Secondary or Melee weapon without waiting for the Mini-Gun to stop spinning. This has since been patched as of the December 7, 2010 Patch.
- The Iron Curtain actually has a shorter barrel than the Mini Gun and the Natascha.
- The Iron Curtain now has its own kill icon.
- At viewmodel_fov 70, the Heavy's hand is not cut off when wielding the Iron Curtain. This also applies to Tomislav.