See? I told ye they were a buncha' wee lasses!
— The Demoman on cowardly, undead horsemenn
The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker is a melee weapon for the Demoman class. It appears as a rustic, single-bladed axe once wielded by the Horseless Headless Horsemann. It is covered in notches and sports a malevolently grinning face, similar to the face commonly carved on pumpkins for Halloween.
This weapon is a remodel of the Eyelander; it deals the same damage, has the same function times, and has the ability to increase the player's speed and maximum health upon decapitating another player. It even whispers the word 'heads'. Additionally, if the player manages to decapitate another Demoman wielding the Eyelander or this weapon, both the enemy's accumulated head count and the head of the decapitated Demoman will be added to the killing player's head count. However, the weapon lacks the taunt kill of the Eyelander. In fact, it has no taunt at all, similar to the Scotsman's Skullcutter.
This weapon does not drop randomly and cannot be purchased from the Mann Co. Store; it can only be acquired by crafting the Haunted Metal Scrap acquired from the Gored! achievement, or through Trading.
- See also: Damage
Identical to the Eyelander.
- Attack Interval: 0.8
- Damage Per Second: 81
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- As with all of the Demoman's melee weapons, he will refer to the Headtaker as his "bottle of scrumpy."
- Upon collecting 128 heads with this weapon, the counter will reset to 0. However, you still retain the health and speed bonus.
- Considering that this is the result in an overflow of the byte used to synchronize this variable, it may never be fixed.
- The version of the axe carried by the Horseless Headless Horsemann is much larger than the Demoman's version, and also has a distinct purple glow which the Demoman's version lacks.
- The same kill icon is used for both the Horseless Headless Horsemann and the Demoman when getting a kill with the axe.
- In the period between the October 29, 2010 Patch and the November 19, 2010 Patch all Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtakers were initially untradable when crafted from an untradable Haunted Metal Scrap. However, most if not all Headtakers are currently tradable.
- The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtakers is just a skin for the eyelander and has no diffrent attributes besides how it looks.
- As it states in the description, it faintly whispers "heads............." this can be heard when several kills have been made with this weapon, or randomly when not having any kills.
- Even though this is a unusual weapon, it has no special effects like unusual hats
Unusual Headtaker Owners is the biggest Unusual Headless Horsemann's Headtaker club in Steam. It is a Public Group.