Horseless Headless Horsemann
From TF2 Wiki
|Horseless Headless Horsemann|
|Health:||3000 + additional health per player in server|
The Horseless Headless Horsemann is the very first boss AI to be revealed in the Team Fortress series and spawns at a random time on the control point that is currently being contested in the Mann Manor Event map, released as part of the 2010 Halloween event on October 27, 2010. The Sleepy Holl0WND Ghostchievement is awarded for killing the Horseless Headless Horsemann. Another Ghostchievement, Gored!, is given to any player who collects the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Haunted Metal Scrap which is used to craft the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, a reskinned version of the Eyelander, or one of two special Halloween hats. The Horsemann has 3000 hit points and when he appears it's recommended that every player focuses on him. His initial health is buffed depending on how many players are in the server (200 * Number of players in the server). You will only earn Sleepy Holl0WND if you deal lethal damage to the Horsemann (Or assist in doing so.) and Gored! is awarded only if you kill him with a melee weapon. (Which is difficult, because he can kill any class with one hit.) He only spawns when a specific amount of players have joined the server, unless the server has sv_cheats_1 enabled, then administrators can use a cheat code to spawn him, however you cannot get the Horsemann related achievements this way.
The Horsemann will randomly target characters on the server until someone is tagged it. When the player is it, the Horsemann will chase the player with intent to kill until the player redirects him to another target. Players can tag other players, making themselves no longer the primary target of attack, by hitting another player with a melee weapon. Although being it makes you a priority target, the Horsemann will still kill anyone who gets in his way, including sentry guns.
The Horsemann's melee attack has an undetermined range, as it can kill players who are very far above or below him and players who are much farther away than the apparent length of the axe swing. When a player is killed by the Horsemann's melee attack, the player's corpse is launched very far away, flying at an extreme speed. This indicates that the "force" value of the Horsemann's attacks is very high.
The Horsemann has an ability that allows him to scare players. If you are too close when the Horsemann executes this ability, you will be 'scared' which acts like a Sandman's stun ball, however if you are wearing either the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head or the Saxton Hale Mask, you will be unaffected. Players will be frozen and have limited movement until the effect wears off.
- The Horseless Headless Horsemann is a reference to and reinterpretation of the Headless Horseman, a fictional ghost said to ride nightly in search of his missing head.
- The Horsemann has an extra 'n' at the end compared to the Headless Horseman. This is indicative of both the last name of the family he belonged to and the manor he haunts, Mann Manor.
- If you are it, and you exit the manor, or enter your team's designated spawning room, the Horsemann will no longer chase you. However, you will be marked as it upon the death of the player who became it.
- If you are killed by the Horsemann, the deathcam will say "Killed by the late". This normally occurs only when your killer is dead at the time deathcam freezes, which implies that The Horseless Headless Horsemann is, in fact, dead.
- The Horsemann's model is the Demoman and uses similar coding as the VS Saxton Hale mode.
- If you are using noclip and are outside of the map, the Horseman may glitch out of the map to decapitate you.
- It is possible to kill The Horseless Headless Horsemann before his spawning animation ends by doing enough damage to him before he attaches his "head". However, he will only be marked as dead until after his spawning animation ends.
- If you wish to spawn the Horseless Headless Horsemann on your server, watch this video. Note: Valve deleted the Horseless Headless Horsemann, so you will need to precache the model!
- It is still possible to get the Horseless Headless Horsemann unlockables by summoning him via console command and defeating him.
- If the server uses cheats it's possible to see him past the holiday event.