From TF2 Wiki
Upon taunting with the Shotgun or flare gun equipped, the Pyro unleashes a Hadouken (also referred to as a Hadoken) in the form of a spectacular burst of flame, resulting in an instant death for anyone slow, unaware or simply unfortunate enough to actually be hit by it. This move will also destroy buildings if it connects. This taunt has a wide field of fire, and is capable of taking out multiple targets. It is necessary to kill someone using a Hadouken attack to gain the 'OMGWTFBBQ' achievement. As a taunt, the hadouken can still be used during Humiliation to kill the winning team members as they come barreling into your spawn, as well during Stalemate. It can be used most safely on oblivious and stationary targets such as scoped Snipers, or if an opponent builds a sentry next to the gates at the start of an attack/defend map. Note that the Hadouken only deals damage in the PC version of the game.
The Hadouken itself is a "tip of the hat" to the neologism from Capcom's classic Street Fighter series.
- Attack Interval: 3
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill an enemy with a taunt.
- The Hadouken is one of the only taunt attacks that is used with both the standard and unlockable versions of a weapon. The other is Fencing and Heavy's Showdown
- It is possible for an enemy to survive this taunt with the dead ringer out, although they will still suffer 75 damage. If they are taunting and get hit by it, it will also light them on fire and wont feign death like normal.
- The Hadouken is the one of the fastest taunt kills, coming second to the Sniper's Skewer taunt.
- Interestingly, an enemy Pyro hit by a Hadouken will still die but yet he won't be set on fire.
- Another interesting thing is that sentries that are wrangled by the Wrangler at full health can survive the hadouken.
- The Name of the Achievement linked to the Hadouken (OMGWTFBBQ) means "Oh My God What The Fuc* Bar-Be-Que.
- This is one of only 4 kill taunts in the game that is not completely silent up to the kill (Not including generic sounds like weapons clinking). This means that, unlike most kill taunts that can be done in secret, the Pyro has to give up his/her location in order to pull off this taunt, which is done with a muffled yell. (Other noisy kill taunts: Spy's Fencing, Engineer's Dischord, and Engineer's Organ Grinder.)
- This is one of the only kill taunts that can be used with two different weapons. The other is the Spy's Fencing.
- "Hadouken" is a reference to "Street Fighter" in which the same animation in used. It is also similar to the Kamehameha from Dragon Ball series.
English • Русский