From TF2 Wiki
(130 when overhealed by a Medic)
The Engineer is a class in Team Fortress Classic. His primary skill is erecting various Buildings in order to support the team. He can upgrade and repair these items with his Wrench, which serves as his unique melee weapon that can also repair his teammates' Armor. He is equipped with a Railgun and Double-Barrel Shotgun, along with two powerful Grenades to engage enemies. However, his low health and armor prevent him from being a true offensive powerhouse.
- Stay on defense.
- Collect Metal.
- Build and upgrade your Sentry Gun.
- Build a Dispenser.
- Repair your teammates' armor.
- Build Teleporters.
- Protect your buildings with EMP Grenades.
- Your Dispenser will damage enemies upon detonation according to how much is in it. You can use this as an improvised bomb.
- Your Sentry Gun is very susceptible to Nailgun fire. Try to kill any Medics close to your Sentry Gun before their Super Nailgun rips it to pieces.
- Teleporters are invaluable to your team. Try to make them so they are not easily found or destroyed and can provide your team with another route of movement.
- Your Railgun is not as effective as your Shotgun, use it sparingly.
- Use Grenades to grenade-jump to areas inaccessible by normal means and build Sentry Guns in difficult to reach locations.
- Your EMP Grenade can be the most devastating grenade in the game. It detonates any ammunition carried on the victim. The EMP Grenade can do more damage if there is packs lying on the ground as it will detonate the ammo in them. They are also extremely useful in destroying enemy buildings and Demoman pipe traps. A player can also remove any excess ammo they are carrying to minimize the damage they receive from EMP grenades. EMP grenades will also make a Demoman's Detpack detonate instantly.
Class Skill:Opens build menu.
- Build Sentry Gun.
- Build Dispenser.
- Repair armor.
- Create ammunition.
- Build Teleporters
- Can rotate your Sentry in 45 degree or 180 degree intervals after it's built.
|Notes / Special Abilities|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
- An older version of the Team Fortress Classic Engineer appears in day two of the Engineer Update .