From TF2 Wiki
The Disguise Kit, also known as the Spytron 3000, is an essential part of the Spy's equipment that appears as a cigarette case and is used by the player to disguise. When selected, the disguise screen fills most of the screen. You are able to select a class with the number keys, and switch teams with the minus (-) key. On the console versions, pressing left and right on the D-Pad cycles through the available disguises and pressing "Triangle" (PS3) or "Y" (Xbox 360) switches team disguises. Disguising takes a couple of seconds, and once finished, a line drawing of the Spy shows up briefly on the player's screen to let them know they have successfully disguised. The line drawing also appears when the player's disguise is broken. Pressing the 'B' (last diguise) button on the PC version allows the player to change their disguised weapon to one from the slot they currently have equipped.
When disguising, the disguise kit chooses a player of the appropriate team and class and mimics their name, health at the time of disguising and weapon loadout. This information is displayed in the lower left corner of the HUD.
In the PC version, once disguised as the enemy, you can look at enemies and see their current health and name as if you were looking at an ally. You can also see the status of any enemy Medics currently healing you.
Approximately 2 seconds to switch disguises.
- The disguise kit has a Normal weapon variant.
- The cigarette case contains 6 cigarettes. 1 has been taken out and is being used by the Spy during gameplay, so there are 7 in total.
- Although very rarely used, the Spy can undisguise without attacking. Pressing the "-" minus key by default and pressing 9 will remove any applied disguise the Spy is currently using.
- The disguise kit is the only item in game to possess more than one taunt.
- Disguise article for disguise kit strategy
English • Русский