From TF2 Wiki
The Direct hit is a replacement primary weapon for the Soldier, unlocked by completing 11 Soldier Achievements. The rockets fired by the Direct hit travel at a rate of 1980 Hammer Units per second, 80% faster than rockets fired by the Rocket launcher. Additionally, the rockets inflict 25% more damage on their target, compared to conventional rockets. For precision marksmen, the Direct hit also scores Mini-crits on targets that are sent airborne by an explosion, adding additional damage and negating damage fall-off. However, this tightened splash radius only applies to enemies, the Soldier firing the rockets experiences a splash radius equal to the normal Rocket launcher when harming himself. This allows rocket jumps to occur normally.
The splash area of the Direct hit's shots are reduced to 30% of the standard Rocket Launcher's. The radius of this new 'splash zone' is roughly 40 Hammer units, or the width of an operational Teleporter. Rocket jumping, however uses the normal splash.
The Direct hit deals 25% more damage than the standard Rocket Launcher and inflicts Mini-crits on targets that are sent airborne by an explosion. The exact figures are unknown.
- Base: 112
- Max Ramp Up: 125% (140 damage)
- Max Fall Off: 51% (57 damage)
- Mini-Crit: 151
- Critical Hit: 338
- Attack Interval: 0.8
- Reload Base: 0.8
- Additional Reload: 0.92
Reload base is the time it takes to reload the first ammo. Additional reload is the time it takes to reload each ammo after the first. All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- 1980 Hammer Units / ~84 mph.
- A soldier can use his rockets to rocket jump by firing a rocket downwards and jumping at the same time. These jump are quite powerful and can send the soldier higher and/or farther than scout could in most circumstances.
- A more skilled soldier can do a more powerful rocket jump by crouching when you rocket jump, making your hit box smaller, and more aerodynamic. These can be used to get to places where a regular rocket jump can't bring you.
- The most important thing to remember about rocket jumping is the self damage. The chart for self damage is above.
- Jumping with the Direct Hit is different. Because of the faster rocket speed and more concentrated splash area, your timing and angles have to be different. Or at least had to, because rockets that are fired in the ground area that could hit the soldier himself, will act as a normal rocket.
- Mini-crits any targets that have been launched into the air by an explosion. The Direct hit formerly Mini-critted any target that was any distance off the ground, but this was changed on January 13, 2010 to its current state.
| Death From Below
Kill 10 opponents who are airborne with the Direct Hit.
- The Direct hit was definitely not involved in the tragic explosion of American monkeynaut Poopy Joe's capsule. Mann Co.'s subsequent desire to give away the weapon was for completely unrelated and innocent reasons. 
- The Direct hit doesn't seem to have a single real-life counterpart. The wood paneling and the tapering of the body have been borrowed from the RPG-7, while the rear port looks like a solid metal version of the German Panzerschreck.
- There are 3 unused sounds for the Direct hit's taunt in the game files. 1 2 3 Why they are not in-game is unknown.
- Even though the Direct hit has a scope, it cannot be used.
- The Direct hit was first glimpsed on day 4 of the War update in two different locations. Its muzzle is visible behind Saxton Hale on Page 10 of the comic (though its proportions are slightly distorted), and it is visible on the Engineer's chalkboard on the newspaper.
- When reloading, the Soldier's hand will animate as if he's putting in rockets. However, the rockets are not seen.
- This, alongside the Scottish Resistance, is the only item in the game with a Mann Co. logo on it (located on the sight), even though many, if not all, of the weapons in the game are made by Mann Co.
- Unlike the Rocket Launcher, players cannot look through the world model.
- The Direct hit is a very useful weapon for juggling players with the mini-crit on airborn players.
English • Русский