Community Frontier strategy
From TF2 Wiki
|This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
|"Oh dear, I've made quite a mess."
This page has been marked for general cleanup.
Please see TF2 Wiki style guide for information on how to improve this article.
- BLU should always take advantage of Li'l Chew Chew's size, using it to shield them from incoming attacks while holding a hard defense to the sides. Likewise, the frontal protection provided by Li'l Chew Chew and terrain around the cart during key points encourages flanking and attacking from high ground by RED.
- Slow moving or just plain unlucky enemies can be shoved in front of the train and killed, assisted by a quick push from a Pyro's compression blast or a Scout's Force-A-Nature.
- The stairs inside the Shack can make it easy for a Spy to sneak up behind a Sentry Gun and the Engineer, so a Pyro would be well-suited to spycheck as well as deflect incoming rockets.
- The Tunnel right before the third cap is a good place either team to ambush players with the Backburner, or house a Sentry Gun.
- The team that maintains control of the high ground maintains control of the game. If RED team has the high ground they can easily rain explosives and sentry fire and more. If BLU has the high ground they will be able to provide constant fire support to the people on the cart, as well as being able to see in front of the cart.
- While taking the final point, BLU Snipers can use the newly opened shortcut to pick off REDs around the end of the tracks. Other classes can also take this path and quickly head to the ramp on the right, allowing closer access to RED's defenses.
- Demomen can use the pillars of the tunnel before Control Point 1 to their advantage: they are close enough to Li'l Chew Chew, yet unexposed to enemy fire, that they make excellent spots for sticky traps using the Stickybomb Launcher or Scottish Resistance.
- Like other Payload maps, Heavies work well when pushing the cart. In this case, the built-in Dispenser on Li'l Chew-Chew allows them to provide a constant stream of fire while riding on the train's platform.
- Underneath the final capture point, there are large ammo and health kits, which most players do not normally venture to unless they fall down there. A sneaky BLU Engineer can construct a small base here with a Teleporter to allow BLU faster access to the final point.
- Sneaky BLU Engineers can also construct a Sentry Gun outside RED's second spawn (between control points 2 and 3) if they can get past enemy forces at Control Point 1. A full Level 3 Sentry Gun can effectively delay RED until they are able to build up an ÜberCharge, giving BLU time to push Li'l Chew Chew up the hill to Control Point 2.
- BLU Medics should be careful when the round first begins if they are pushing the bomb. A lot of flanking fire from RED will come on it and can easily kill you if you aren't using an ÜberCharge.
- A number of higher areas are accessible throughout this map due to its uphill nature, offering excellent sightlines for Sentry Guns and Snipers. This is especially so just outside of BLU's initial spawn, on the hill leading up to Control Point 2, and on the catwalks of RED's final spawn near Control Point 4.