Cloak and Dagger
From TF2 Wiki
|Cloak and Dagger|
The Cloak and Dagger watch is an unlockable gadget for the Spy, replacing the Invisibility watch in the 'PDA' slot. This sophisticated digital watch, sent express from the mail-order supply company Mann Co. (a subsidiary of TF Industries) enables the user to recharge the cloak meter indefinitely (even when cloaked) by remaining stationary in exchange for the ability to recharge it with ammo and dropped weapons. The Cloak and Dagger will not automatically decloak you if the meter runs out, instead you will remain partially cloaked (as when touching an enemy) until you stop to recharge or deactivate it. The cloak meter will not recharge while stationary and cloaked underwater.
Note: Due to the mechanics of how the C&D charges and depletes, neither a continual crouch-walking strategy nor a run-and-wait strategy offers any direct benefits in terms of distance travelled, assuming the Spy remains fully cloaked the entire way.|
The Cloak and Dagger's effect is dependent not on the length of time it is active, but rather the velocity of the player using it. Run speed is the capped speed for consuming the cloak meter whereas crouch-walking consumes the battery at the slowest rate.
- Cloak fade time: 1.0s (1.2s to other players)
- Decloak fade time: 2.2s (1.8s to other players)
- Cloak duration (running): 6.6s (300 units/sec or faster)
- Cloak duration (crouch-walking): 60s (100 units/sec)
- Cloak recharge time: 15.3s
Cloak duration formula (mostly guess, remove if testing significantly differs!):
- Duration = 60 * (100 / Speed)2
- Duration is in seconds, Speed is in units per second (
cl_showpos 1), maximum of 300.
Depending if the Cloak and Dagger's cloak meter is depleted or not and how the Spy moves, the cloak effect will show differently for the enemy. The effects are as followed.
- Not Depleted: Completely invisible.
- Depleted while running: Can see through the Spy, but not invisible in the slightest. A 'jello-like' look.
- Depleted while crouch walking: Can be seen just barely, almost completely invisible in dark areas. Shows up as the slight shimmer team mates see on a fully cloaked Spy on their team.
- Depleted while falling/jumping: Completely visible until landing.
- The Cloak and Dagger's name is based off of the Spy's job description in Trailer 2, "Uncloak and Dagger"
- 'Cloak and Dagger' is phrase referring to acts of stealth and secrecy. Its origin is in a French phrase: "de cape et d'épée" (lit. 'of cloak and sword'.) This term describes characters in theatrical productions who quite literally wore these items as part of their costumes.
- Although not mentioned in-game, the Cloak and Dagger has about a 27% faster maximum drain rate than the regular Invisibility watch, assuming the Spy is constantly running with the Cloak and Dagger.
English • русский