From TF2 Wiki
|Availability:||Unlock, Drop, or Crafting.|
The Chargin' Targe is a secondary weapon for the Demoman, unlocked by completing 5 Demoman Achievements. It appears as an antique wooden shield with an iron rim and a deadly center spike.
The Targe looks unremarkable, but merely equipping it adds 50% resistance to fire damage, and 40% resistance to explosions. As a bonus, alternate fire initiates a charge attack, which can be used in conjunction with a melee weapon or grenade launcher. Moving at least half the charge distance before striking adds Mini-crit damage to an attack, while moving the full distance before attacking will give it a full-power Critical hit.
Alternate fire initiates a charge attack, which deals damage on its own, or may be used in conjunction with another weapon.
- Charge Damage: 50 (if shield connects with enemy at the end of the charge) + 10 per head (up to 5 heads).
- The shield damage is affected by weapon damage spread, it is not a constant number.
- Fire Resistance: 50%
- Blast Resistance: 40%
- Charge Speed: 750 HU/sec. (Approximately 2.5 times faster than 'Base' Speed)
- Charge Speed: 638 HU/sec. with Scotsman's Skullcutter equipped. (Approximately 2.1 times faster than 'Base' Speed)
- Charge Interval: 12 seconds
All times are in seconds. Times are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The Chargin' Targe, the Splendid Screen and the Gunslinger are the only weapons visible while another weapon is active.
- For crafting purposes, this weapon is in the primary slot.
- A targe is a iron-framed wooden shield which buckles to the forearm, and is most-often used while jousting.
- The Chargin' Targe functions very similarly to the Left 4 Dead 2 special-infected, the Charger, who has a near-identical charging ability.
- When a player successfully rams into the enemy with the Targe while dealing damage, one of three loud cheers from the 'audience' is heard.
- Killing someone with the shield-bash itself may sometimes cause the Demoman to yell "Aye, me bottle of Scrumpy!"
- The Chargin' Targe has Developer weapon variants.
- The Chargin' Targe was the only item that had an icon that is colored BLU in the backpack.
- Although likely a typo, it is interesting to note that in the changelog for the April 28, 2010 Patch, the Chargin' Targe is referred to as the "Chargin' Target". 
- Prior to the April 28, 2010 Patch, the Targe featured team-colored paint on its front and a team-colored pad on its back. The current Orange paint aids easy visual identification at a distance.
- When Charging, the charge meter will change colors as it depletes. When using a primary or melee weapon at white or green, one will only do normal damage. Yellow gives mini-crits, and red gives critical hits.
- The Targe cannot replenish its charge meter using resupply lockers or ammo crates.
- hitting someone at full charge causes an audience to cheer from seemingly nowhere, similar to the Bonk! taunt.
- A strange targe is not worth as much as other strange weapons ranging from 1 rec-1 ref
The old RED paint.
The old BLU paint.
English • Русский