Atrophy (Capture the Flag)
From TF2 Wiki
|Atrophy (Capture the Flag)|
|Map type:||Capture the Flag|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):||Patrick "MangyCarface" Mulholland|
Atrophy (Capture the Flag) takes the best parts of the Capture Point map Atrophy and mirrors them to create a unique and fast CTF layout.
Atrophy (CTF) uses a linear rolling CTF mechanic, to prevent stalemates and to keep games tight. As each round progresses, the Intelligence will roll forward on carts until they reach the middle. If the Intelligence is taken, the cart will stop until the Intelligence is returned, and if the Intelligence is captured, the carts will roll back to the beginning of their track. Teams cannot capture the enemy Intelligence unless their own Intelligence is on their cart.
The theme is of two ancient temples being renovated by BLU and RED, with spytech scattered throughout the ruins and corridors.
To win your team must capture the opposing team's Intelligence continuously until you reach the game's capture limit (default limit is 3) whilst preventing the enemy from achieving the same.
- Flag room: A small room at the edge of the map, with a single door that closes if your Intelligence is taken
- Battlements: A small platform at the front of each base that allows for sniping between bases
- The Pond: A pool of water at the center of map, useful for putting out fire
- Entrance: Two doors at the front of each base allow entry
- The Track: The path the Intelligence cart takes from near spawn to the center of the map
- The "metal room": A small room near the Intelligence room that contains a metal pickup.
- Due to the amount of height variation, mobile classes such as Scouts, Soldiers and Demomen are effective at navigating the map.
- Because the Intelligence moves, Sentry Gun defenses are less effective than on other CTF maps. More offensive Engineer strategies are encouraged.
- Atrophy (CTF) WIP Thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=11223